Floor Barbell Calf Raise Video Guide4 5 5
- Grasp a barbell with a wider than shoulder width grip and lift it over your head so it's resting across the muscles on the top of your back. Do not rest the bar on the back of the neck!
- Leaning slightly forward, keeping your body straight and looking straight ahead, slowly raise your heels off the floor and push up as far as possible.
- Pause, and then slowly lower your weight down until your heels are almost resting on the floor.
- Repeat for desired reps.
Calf Raise Tips:
- Don't let your heels come all the way down so that they're "resting" on the floor.
- Keep the rep timing slow and control the weight.
- Do not bend at the knees.