Dumbbell Wall Squat Video Guide2.7 5 3
- Abs, Calves, Glutes, Hamstrings
- Set up for the dumbbell wall squat by choosing a pair of dumbbells and holding them down at your sides.
- Position yourself with your back flat against a wall. Walk your feet out a few steps while keeping your upper body flat against the wall.
- Your legs should be straight with a slight bend in your knees and you feet should be just inside shoulder width apart. This is the starting position.
- While bending at the knees and sliding your torso downward (still pressed against the wall) lower your buttocks towards the ground.
- Squat down until your thighs are parallel to the floor.
- Pause for a moment and press through your heels to push yourself back to the starting position.
- Repeat this movement for desired reps.
- Keep your torso as still as possible throughout the movement with your back straight and constantly pressed against the wall.
- Keep your head up and eyes facing forward.
- To get the full benefit of the squat, drop your buttocks down as low as possible - at least until your thighs are parallel to the floor.