Donkey Calf Raise Video Guide2.7 5 3
- Set up for the donkey calf raise by setting a calf raise block or step in front of something stable to hang on to.
- Stand on the block with the balls of your feet on the edge.
- Bend over and hold onto something stable such as an incline bench. For added weight, you can have someone sitting on your back.
- Slowly let the heels drop as far as possible. This is the starting position for the movement.
- Raise your heels slowly until you're pushing them as high as possible.
- Pause and squeeze the calf muscles. Then slowly lower yourself back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
- Ideally, donkey calf raises are performed with someone sitting on your buttocks/lower back. You may find your own body weight is not very challenging.
- Keep the rep timing slow and control the weight.
- Do not bend at the knees.