Decline Lying Tricep Extension (skullcrusher) Video Guide3.8 5 4
- Set up for the decline skullcrusher by setting a decline bench to an angle of around 30 degrees and selecting the barbell you want to use.
- Sit on the end of the decline bench with your legs in the padding and barbell resting on your thighs.
- Grasp the barbell with an overhand grip (palms facing down) with your hands about 8-12 inches apart.
- Lie back on the bench and extend your arms straight up towards the ceiling.
- Bend at your elbows slightly to take the tension onto your triceps. This is the starting position for the exercise.
- Keeping your elbows fixed and pointing straight down your sides, slowly lower the bar until it is about an inch from your forehead.
- Pause, and then slowly raise the bar back to the starting position.
- Don't lock your elbows out, and then repeat the movement.
- Technique is really important! Don't let your elbows flare out as you move the barbell, and keep the rep timing slow and controlled.
- Don't lock your elbows out at the top of the movement.