Decline Cable Flys Video Guide3.8 5 5
- Set up for the decline cable flys by placing a decline bench in the center of the cable machine lowest end first.
- Attach single grip handles to the lower pulley cables and set the weight you want to use on the stack.
- Grasp each handle and lay back on the decline bench.
- Both arms should be outstretched with your palms facing up. Take up the tension so that the weight is slightly off the stack. This is the starting position for the movement.
- Keeping your elbows fixed and slightly bent, and rotating at the shoulders only, pull the weight up in a semi-circle motion until your hands almost meet in the middle.
- Squeeze the chest muscles, then slowly lower back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
- This is an isolation exercise so the emphasis is on stretch and contraction, not the weight. Use a weight that still allows you to use good technique.
- Emphasize slow and controlled movement.