Close Grip Lat Pull Down Video Guide3.1 5 26
- Biceps, Middle Back, Shoulders
- Attach a v-bar to the lat pull down machine and select the weight you want to use on the stack.
- Grasp the bar with a neutral grip, palms facing inwards.
- Sit down on the machine keeping your arms fully extended. This should bring the weight off the stack.
- Sit straight upright, with your back straight and eyes facing forwards. This is the starting position for the exercise.
- Keeping your body still, slowly pull the v-bar down to your until it almost hits the top of your chest.
- Pause, and then slowly lower the weight back to the starting position. Do not let the weight drop.
- Repeat for desired reps.
- If you use a "hook" grip in this exercise, some of the work will be taken off your forearms. To use a hook grip do not put your thumbs around the bar, and form a hook with your hands.
- When you pull the weight down try to visualize your lats doing the work. This helps to build a strong mind-muscle connection. Once you master the mind muscle connection you'll be able to use the pull down exercises to truly target the lats and not the biceps.
- For extra intensity on this exercise, pause for a count of 2 at the bottom of the movement and slowly lower the weight back.