Cable Chest Press Video Guide3.7 5 21
- Shoulders, Triceps
- Setup for the cable chest press by attaching single hand pulleys to the high cables and set the weight you want to use on each stack.
- Grasp the handles with palms facing down and step out to take up the slack on the cables. Your arms should be slightly bent. This is the starting position for the exercise
- Keeping your body fixed, eyes forward and chest out, slowly push the weight out in front of you. The angle should be slightly downwards, so your hands should end up at around mid chest height.
- Pause at the top of the movement and squeeze the pecs.
- Slowly lower back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
Cable Chest Press Tips:
- Use a full range of motion on each rep, allowing a full stretch and contraction.
- Keep the rep speed low and focus on contracting the muscle at the top of the movement.