Close Grip Bent Over Row Video Guide4.3 5 14
- Biceps, Lats, Lower Back, Traps
- The close grip bent over row is a solid all round back builder, especially for increasing the depth of the back. To set up you need an Olympic bar, a close grip handle, and some weight plates.
- Grab the Olympic bar and position one end in a corner, or up against something that doesn't allow it to move. On the other end of the bar add your weight plates.
- Get the close grip handle and position it under the bar at the end with the weight plates.
- With your feet at around shoulder width apart and back straight, pick the bar up off the floor from between your legs.
- Your back shoulder be slightly higher than parallel to the floor.
- Keep your eyes looking straight throughout the exercise.
- Slowly pull the bar up as high as possible, pause, and then slowly lower it back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
- As with all bent over back exercises, keeping your back straight is very important. Keeping your head up, and eyes facing forwards is the first step to a straight back.
- Keep your elbows tucked in throughout the movement.
- Pausing and squeezing your shoulder blades together at the top of the movement will make it more difficult, and you will get more out of the exercise.