Bent Over Dumbbell Reverse Fly Video Guide3.9 5 45
- Set up for the exercise by grasping a pair of dumbbells with a neutral grip (palms facing each other) and standing with your feet around shoulder width apart.
- Bend slightly at the knees and bring your torso forward by bending at the waist.
- Keep your head up and your eyes facing forward. Each elbow should be slightly bent and the dumbbells should be directly under your chest. The dumbbells should not be touching. This is the starting position.
- Moving only at the shoulders, raise your arms in a semi-circular motion out to your sides until your arms are parallel to the floor. Keep the slight bend in your elbows throughout the movement.
- Squeeze your shoulder blades at the height of the movement and then begin slowly lowering the dumbbells back to the starting position.
- This is one rep. Repeat for desired reps.
- Practice good form with a light weight.
- Squeeze your shoulder blades and pause for a moment at the top of the movement.
- Do not let the dumbbells "hang" at the bottom of the movement, but keep the tension in your arms.
- Focus on moving only at the shoulder. The rest of your body should be kept as still as possible and your arms should hold the same form throughout the movement.