Bent Over Dumbbell Kickback Video Guide4.2 5 27
- Select the appropriate dumbbells and place them on the floor in front of you.
- Bending at the knees and keeping your back straight, squat down and pick up the dumbbells with a neutral grip (palms facing inward). Your feet should be around shoulder width apart.
- Get into the starting position by keeping your back straight, bending slightly at the knees and bending over at the waist. Your torso should almost be parallel to the floor.
- Tuck your upper arms close to your torso and bend at the elbows, forming a 90 degree angle with your upper arms and forearms. This is the starting position.
- Moving only at the elbows, raise the dumbbells behind you until your arms are fully extended.
- Pause, and then lower the dumbbells back to the starting position.
- Repeat this movement for desired reps.
- Focus on moving the weight with your triceps, keeping control of the weight as you slowly lower the dumbbells back to the starting position.
- Keep your body as still as possible, moving only your forearms.
- Keep your head up and eyes forward throughout the exercise.