Behind Neck Lat Pull Down Video Guide4 5 5
- Biceps, Middle Back, Shoulders
- Set up for the behind the neck lat pull down by attaching a wide grip bar to the machine, selecting the weight you want to use, and adjusting the thigh pad.
- While standing, grasp the bar with an overhand grip at wider than shoulder width apart.
- Holding the bar, sit sit down on the machine. This should take the weight off the stack.
- Keeping your back straight, eyes facing forward, and without leaning back, slowly pull the bar down to the back of your neck. Do not let the bar touch your neck.
- Pause, and slowly lower the weight back to the starting position.
- Do not let the weight touch the stack.
- Repeat for desired reps.
- Use this exercise with caution as it has been known to cause neck and shoulder injuries. Pulling the bar down too far is often the cause of these injuries.
- Keep your body fixed throughout the exercise. You should move your arms only.
- Concentrate on squeezing your back muscles when lowing the weight.