Barbell Hack Squat Video Guide4.2 5 6
- Calves, Forearms, Hamstrings
- Set up for the barbell hack squat by loading up an Olympic barbell with the weight you want to use.
- Step over the bar and stand facing away from it with your feet around shoulder width apart.
- Squat down and grasp the bar behind your heals.
- Keeping your back straight and eyes facing forward, stand up. This is the starting position for the exercise.
- Keeping your eyes facing forward, squat down until your thighs are parallel to the floor. Your knees should not go out further than your toes.
- Do not pause, and then push through your heels back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
- Always keep your back straight and your eyes facing forwards. Looking down will round your back.
- Use a lighter weight than usual.