Alternate Standing Dumbbell Front Raise Video Guide3.8 5 4
- Choose a pair of dumbbells and stand up straight with your feet at around shoulder width apart.
- Hold the dumbbells with your arms fully extended down by your thighs in front of you body. Use an overhand grip (palms facing your body). This is the starting position.
- Begin by raising your left arm straight out in front of you body with your palm facing the floor. Keep a slight bend in your elbow.
- Moving only at the shoulder and keeping your body as still as possible, continue raising the dumbbell out in front of you until your arm is just above parallel to the floor.
- Pause for a brief moment at the top of the movement, and slowly lower the dumbbell back to the starting position.
- Immediately repeat this movement using your right arm. This is one rep.
- Repeat for desired reps.
- Practice good form with a light weight.
- Focus on moving only at the shoulders. The rest of your body should be kept as still as possible and your arms should hold the same form throughout the movement.
- Use slow and controlled movement - avoid "swinging" the weights up and dropping them quickly.