Abdominal Pendulum Video Guide3.4 5 9
- The abdominal pendulum hits your lower abdominal muscles. Set up for the exercise by placing a mat on the floor and laying down on your back.
- Put your arms out at right angles to your body with your palms on the floor.
- Keeping your legs straight, left your legs off the floor until they're at a right angle to the floor. This is the start of the exercise.
- Twisting only at the hips and keeping your legs straight and feet together, slowly lower your feet to the right as far as possible without losing stability.
- Do not pause, and raise your feet up and across to the left side.
- Do not pause at the top of the movement. It should be one flowing movement.
- This exercise can also be done with a dumbbell held between the feet for some added intensity.
- For maximum benefit do the exercise slowly and lower feet as far as possible.