This off-season is turning out great. I am enjoying spending time with my friends and family, having a more relaxed day and just being able to live somewhat of a normal life. I am looking forward to getting to know my body in the next few months, switch foods up a little bit as well as possibly trying different supplements to see what works well with me.
In the last 18 weeks I have seen changes, gained weight, lost weight, gained fat, dropped fat but most of all made quality gains. I'm slowly but surely seeing how my body adapts to change and observing what happens. Jen has guided me and taught me how to understand these changes, why things are happening and go by how my body feels. We all are different, different genetics, body types, heights, body structures and not one thing works for everyone.
7 months until competition time and I'm counting down the days. I know it's not going to be easy, days where I wont feel 100%, days I might just want to give up and days where I feel like nothing can stop me. In the last 6 weeks my strength has gone up and I feel stronger as the days go on, being able to lift amounts of weight I thought I would ever be able to lift.
It's amazing how 5 months have already passed in this year transformation. Now that the holidays are arriving the next month will definitely be a test to whether or not I can control myself and stay lean during this off season! I am determined I can and I will not stop. THE STAGE!
Daily Diet And Supplements
Daily Meal Plan - 7 Total Meals
7 TOTAL Meals. My diet is managed by IFBB Pro Jennifer Searles – www.jennifersearles.com – www.theworkspersonaltraining.com. Gym: Ultimate Gym Long Island – Ultimategymli.com. My daily diet can vary, but here is a sample day:
- Meal 1 - 0.5 serving, 1/2 cup dry (1.4 oz) oatmeal, 1 cup fat free milk, 1 scoop protein powder, 1/3 tablespoon of flax seed oil.
- Meal 2 – 4 egg whites. 4oz yam, ½ cup oats or 2 slices Ezekiel bread.
- Meal 3 – 1 scoop protein powder, 1 tablespoon nut butter, 1 medium banana.
- Meal 4 - 2 oz chicken or 3 oz tilapia, salad, ½ cup brown rice.
- Meal 5 - 1 scoop protein powder, 1/4 cup blueberries.
- Meal 6 – 3 oz flank steak, salad. I like to switch off with salmon.
- Meal 7 – 6 egg whites.
Jeanice Cabale - 18 Weeks In
- Glutamine - 1 teaspoon after workout or in a.m. and 1 teaspoon before bed.
- BCAAs - 30 minutes before training and directly after.
- Chromium Picolinate - 200mcg with carb meal 1. 200mcg with post lifting meal or carb meal 2.
- L-Carnitine - 1 Pill in the a.m.
- Green Tea Extract - 1 dropper in a.m., 1 in p.m.
- Vitamin C - 1g post lifting or in a.m., 1g in p.m.
- Alpha Lipoic Acid - 100mg in a.m., 100mg in p.m.
- Multivitamin - 1 Pill in the a.m.
- Whey Protein Varies – Isoflex PB chocolate, Scivation Whey vanilla, MYOfusion banana perfection, vanilla and milk chocolate, Optimum Whey Gold rocky road, Dymatize 12 Hour Elite fudge brownie.
Training And Cardio
- Day 1 - Shoulders and Biceps
- Day 2 - Legs
- Day 3 - OFF
- Day 4 - Back and Chest
- Day 5 - Shoulders and Triceps
- Day 6 - Legs
- Day 7 - OFF
Day 1 - Shoulders and Biceps
- Barbell Shoulder Press
- Arnold Presses
- Single Dumbbell Lateral Raises superset with Preacher Curls
- Cable Lateral Raises superset with Dumbbell Hammer Curls
- Reverse Pec Dec for Rear Delts
Day 2 - Legs
- Free Squat
- Leg Press (narrow stance 2 sets, wide stance 2 sets)
- Barbell Deadlifts
- Leg Extensions
- Leg Curls (Seated AND lying... 3 sets each)
Day 4 - Back and Chest
- Wide Grip Lat Pulldowns
- Seated Cable Row
- T-Bar Row
- Close Grip Pullups
- Incline Bench Press
- Incline Dumbbell Flies
Day 5 - Shoulders and Triceps - (Shoulders are lighter than Day 1...12-15 reps for a burn)
- Alternating Dumbbell Presses superset with Dumbbell Lateral Raises
- Cable Upright Rows superset with Overhead Rope Extensions
Day 6 - Legs - (Lighter than Day 2...15 reps)
- Dumbbell Plie Squats superset with Jump Squats
- Reverse Lunges superset with Jump Lunges (20 jump lunges)
- Curtsey Lunges
4 days – 45 mins of whatever cardio I choose. And abs 2-3 days a week.
18 Week Progress
July 31st, 2010
- Height: 5’2
- Starting weight: 125 pounds
- Body Fat %: 27%
December 4th, 2010
- Weight: 117.5 pounds
- Body Fat %: 21.0%
Until then GIVE EVERYTHING but UP!