Finally pre-contest! The challenges and obstacles are all worth it. The 2 hours plus training, waking up early for morning cardio, packing meals, avoiding social gatherings, work then going back to the gym to train more eating, sleep and up early just to do it again.
Yes I am tired, but I fight through it. Day in and day out it gets challenging but I take what I have in me and stay positive. I can see the changes happening, the way clothes fit, my face getting smaller, it's all a process that's somewhat new to me...I do like the changes I am seeing.
BUT...doubts start to kick in, will I be ready come contest time? Is this all worth it? You become a social outcast, testy and even more irritable. My advice to myself? Try not to lose sight of what's important.
Truly appreciate what you as an individual are able to accomplish, appreciate the people who support your journey, the people who were there in the beginning and will be there at the end when it's all said and done.
Stay focused! No distractions! Last but not least I would like to thank my friends, family, coach and sponsor Natural Vitamins, and muscleandstrength.com for putting up with me and keeping me sane these last few weeks! Give everything but up!
Daily Diet And Supplements
Daily Meal Plan - 6 Total Meals
6 TOTAL Meals. My diet is managed by IFBB Pro Jennifer Searles – www.jennifersearles.com – www.theworkspersonaltraining.com. Gym: Bev Francis Powerhouse Gym. My daily diet can vary, but here is a sample day:
- Meal 1 - 0.5 serving, 1/2 cup dry (1.4 oz) oatmeal, 4 egg whites.
- Meal 2 – 1 scoop whey, 0.5 serving, 1/2 cup dry (1.4 oz) oatmeal.
- Meal 3 – 3 oz chicken, 6 oz broccoli.
- Meal 4 - 1 scoop whey, 0.5 serving, 1/2 cup dry (1.4 oz) oatmeal, 10 almonds.
- Meal 5 - 4 oz cooked tilapia, 4oz yam.
- Meal 6 – 1 scoop whey, 1 tablespoon peanut butter.
Jeanice Cabale - 7 Weeks Out
- Glutamine - 1 teaspoon after workout or in a.m. and 1 teaspoon before bed.
- ISS MPR Aminos - 30 minutes before training and directly after.
- ALRI Humapro.
- Chromium Picolinate - 200mcg with carb meal 1. 200mcg with post lifting meal or carb meal 2.
- L-Carnitine - 1 Pill in the a.m.
- Green Tea Extract - 1 dropper in a.m., 1 in p.m.
- Vitamin C - 1g post lifting or in a.m., 1g in p.m.
- Alpha Lipoic Acid - 100mg in a.m., 100mg in p.m.
- Multivitamin - 1 Pill in the a.m.
- Whey Protein Varies – Isoflex PB chocolate, Scivation Whey vanilla, MYOfusion banana perfection, vanilla and milk chocolate, Optimum Whey Gold rocky road, Dymatize 12 Hour Elite fudge brownie.
Training And Cardio
Rep range has changed from 8-12 this week.
- Day 1 - Shoulders and Biceps
- Day 2 - Legs
- Day 3 - OFF
- Day 4 - Back and Chest
- Day 5 - Shoulders and Triceps
- Day 6 - Legs
- Day 7 - OFF
Day 1 - Shoulders and Biceps
- Barbell Shoulder Press
- Arnold Presses
- Single Dumbbell Lateral Raises superset with Preacher Curls
- Cable Lateral Raises superset with Dumbbell Hammer Curls
- Reverse Pec Dec for Rear Delts
Day 2 - Legs
- Free Squat
- Leg Press (narrow stance 2 sets, wide stance 2 sets)
- Barbell Deadlifts
- Leg Extensions
- Leg Curls (Seated AND lying... 3 sets each)
Day 4 - Back and Chest
- Wide Grip Lat Pulldowns
- Seated Cable Row
- T-Bar Row
- Close Grip Pullups
- Incline Bench Press
- Incline Dumbbell Flies
Day 5 - Shoulders and Triceps - (Shoulders are lighter than Day 1...12-15 reps for a burn)
- Alternating Dumbbell Presses superset with Dumbbell Lateral Raises
- Cable Upright Rows superset with Overhead Rope Extensions
Day 6 - Legs - (Lighter than Day 2...15 reps)
- Dumbbell Plie Squats superset with Jump Squats
- Reverse Lunges superset with Jump Lunges (20 jump lunges)
- Curtsey Lunges
6 days – Hour and a half of cardio 6 days a week.