Update 5—270 Days Out!
Rockin’ it at 227. The biggest and leanest (at the same time) I have ever been. Things are going very well. I am lifting heavy weights and am feeling really good! The visit I had with Joe Daniels at Swing This in Kentucky was a life-changer. He showed me flexibility, foam roller and kettlebell exercises that will make me better.
I was becoming immovable and musclebound and in just a couple of weeks, I am a new man! Joe is WORTH getting in touch with. Check his Facebook page here. He is also a Scivation athlete and an accomplished bodybuilder. I am now bigger, better, more limber and feeling amazing!
Here are my current shots! We went upper body this time!
No room for more weight!
The couple that trains together, stays together!
I have pretty much decided to push things back to compete in 2012, but I need to get SHREDDED for the guest posing on April 2nd in Plattsburg, NY for IFPA Pro Ron Parmeter’s OCB Uprising. I want to be REALLY SHREDDED! If I am satisfied, I will rock the USA’s in June in VEGAS! Thus, the diet starts January 2 for the guest posing!
Marc rocking the shoulder press—BOOYA!
Marc Rocking The Shoulder Press!
I am EXTRA into being a perfect dad to make up for my travels. Heck I am writing this from Toronto, Canada on a business trip right now! Here we are at Toy Story 3 on Ice!
Snow Day in NC!
Life is good and BALANCED now!
Also, I am still rocking the leg specialization program! For your information, here it is! I will be changing this up soon!
8 Week Leg Specialization Program by "Da Guru" Derek Charlebois
Monday - Squats, Stiff Leg Deadlifts, Leg Press, Standing Calf Raise, Seated Calf Raise. Rep scheme:
- Week 1 - 5 X 4-6
- Week 2 - 4 X 4-6
- Week 3 - 3 X 4-6
- Week 4 - 2 X 4-6
- Week 5 - 5 X 4-6
- Week 6 - 4 X 4-6
- Week 7 - 3 X 4-6
- Week 8 - 2 X 4-6
Tuesday - Incline Barbell Press, Flat Dumbbell Press, Dips, Incline Dumbbell Flies, Tricep Pressdown, Skull Crusher. Rep scheme:
- Week 1-8 - 3 x 6-10
Thursday - Leg Extension, Leg Press, Hack Squat, Lying Leg Curl, Seated or Standing Single Leg Curl, Calf Exercise different from standing or seated. Rep scheme:
- Week 1 - 2 X 8-15
- Week 2 - 3 X 8-15
- Week 3 - 4 X 8-15
- Week 4 - 5 X 8-15
- Week 5 - 2 X 8-15
- Week 6 - 3 X 8-15
- Week 7 - 4 X 8-15
- Week 8 - 5 X 8-15
Friday - Reverse Grip Pulldown, Bent Over Row, Wide Lat Pulldown, Seated Cable Row or T-Bar Row, Barbell Shrug, Dumbbell Shrug. Rep scheme:
- Week 1-8 - 3 x 6-10
Saturday - Military Press (DB or BB), Dumbbell Side Lateral, 1-Arm Cable Side Lateral, Barbell Curl, Dumbbell Preacher Curl, Cross-Body Hammer Curl, Barbell Wrist Curls. Rep scheme:
- Week 1-8 - 3 x 6-10
It worked for the back, now it is going to BLOW UP my legs! How exciting!
Cardio and Diet
My new HIIT routine done today - try it for fat loss and conditioning and because it isn't BORING!
- HIIT on elliptical: -5 minute warm up at 10 out of 25 speed then... -10 intervals with 20 out of 25 speed sprint for 15 seconds and 8 out of 25 rest for 45 seconds.
- 10 minutes (low intensity, steady state cardio) LISS on stepmill.
- 5 sets of 20 2-arm kettlebell swings with 50lb bell.
- 5 sets to failure with 60lbs on Hammer Strength ab machine.
- 3 sets to failure on hanging leg raises.
- STRETCHING AND FOAM ROLLER THERAPY.
Overall, WOW, what a session! This will make cardio for prep interesting! Screw low intensity cardio (LISS)--HIIT is where it's at! I learned this last show when I got SICKLY SHREDDED with little to no LISS! I will be doing this 1-2 times per week for overall cardiovascular health and conditioning.
Note: When traveling with no access to kettlebells, I will do the elliptical part of the program (15 minutes) followed by 15 minutes of LOW INTENSITY CARDIO on a machine of my choosing.
Marc Lobliner's Diet
My diet stays at this level. BUT, I will be adding in MORE free meals until I put on some fat. Might as well enjoy this bulk! For a refresher...
56 grams protein, 15 grams fat and 60 grams carbs per meal with a special post workout formula to be released later. My typical day of meals assuming I train at 4pm looks like this:
- Meal 1 (7am): Scivation egg pancake made with 1 cup egg whites, 1 scoop Scivation Whey and cinnamon blended, cooked like a big pancake! 1 cup (measured uncooked) oatmeal, 99g blueberries, 30g almond butter.
- Meal 2 (10am): SLUDGE! 2.5 scoops Scivation Whey, 1 cup oatmeal, 99g blueberries, almond butter.
- Meal 3 (12:30pm): 8oz chicken, 240g brown rice (cooked), 1 tbsp macadamia nut oil.
- Meal 4 (2:30pm PREWORKOUT): SLUDGE! 2.5 scoops Scivation Whey, 1 cup oatmeal, 99g blueberries, almond butter.
- PWO SHAKE (SECRET!)
- Meal 5: Lean meat like 96% lean ground beef, 8oz sweet potato, 30g almond butter, broccoli.
- Meal 6: Scivation egg pancake made with 1 cup egg whites, 1 scoop Scivation Whey and cinnamon blended, cooked like a big pancake! 1 cup (measured uncooked) oatmeal, 99g blueberries, 30g almond butter.
Supplements taken are extensive, but I have put together the essentials of what I take year round to stay lean and gain size off-season. Here they are—“The LOBLEAN STACK™”!
- Scivation Xtend
- Scivation Quake 10.0
- Scivation Whey
- Primaforce Insopro R
- Scivation Essential EFA
- Primaforce Max CLA
- Scivation Sesamin
I also take among other things:
- Primaforce Elastamine and Primaforce Cissus for joint health.
- Primaforce Pro Liver for HEALTH.
- Primaforce Lean Green for HEALTH.
- Scivation Knockout for DEEP SLEEP.
- Primaforce Yohimbine HCl for increased FAT BURN.
I take almost everything we offer, but these are the MAIN THINGS!
I am rocking Canada and it is COLD AND SNOWY! My schedule for next year is almost set and it is DAUNTING! This is another reason my contest plans are a bit on edge. This is Scivation’s year to EXPLODE and we are rocking this! I will be gone weekly, but home most weekends. I am really excited about the opportunities before us and the NEW PRODUCTS coming in 2011!
This week was a success! I gained weight, stayed lean, and maintained BALANCE in my life. Until next time, keep training hard, getting it done, and be sure to follow me on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Marc-Lobliner/321875859763! For your chance to win a weekend to ROLL with Scivation and Train, Eat and LIVE the Scivation Lifestyle and see a UNC basketball game, go HERE! http://www.muscleandstrength.com/store/scivationcomp.html
Let’s reach our goals TOGETHER!