Lifestyle Prior To Change
Had an accident 20 years ago broke both arms, both legs, spleen, intestines, gall bladder, liver, all ruptured, punctured right lung and crushed my skull. Left me very lethargic and fat!
What was your low point or turning point?
Got so tired of being out of shape.
Were there any unique challenges or circumstances that made your transformation particularly difficult?
First answer above.
- Transformation Start: January 1st, 2008.
- Milestone: Went to 169lbs in 7 months.
- Milestone: October 2008, transformation was featured on a bodybuilding website.
- Milestone: January, 2009, 180 lbs 6% bodyfat.
- Transformation End: Still in progress.
Kevin's Training And Cardio Approach
What was your weight training approach and split during your transformation?
I used P90X for my initial transformation. Currently I do:
- Monday - Chest and Back. 10 sets of 15 to 40 reps.
- Tuesday - Plyometrics.
- Wednesday - Shoulders and Arms. 10 sets of 10 reps.
- Thursday - Legs and Back.
- Friday - Cardio.
- Saturday - Biceps. Pyramiding between 26 and 65 pounds.
- Sunday - OFF.
Please detail your cardio approach during your transformation?
Kept heart rate between 145 and 165 during all cardio.
Please list 3 things you learned about exercise, weight training and/or cardio during your transformation that helped you succeed:
How are you currently training, and has your training changed since the completion of your transformation?
I am currently doing my own thing doing pyramid sets, focusing on the pump!
Kevin's Diet And Nutrition Approach
What was your diet/nutrition approach during your transformation?
5 day low carb with a 2 day complex carb load (no cheat days).
Can you provide us with a sample daily eating plan (please be specific):
- 7am - 1 cup of oats.
- 10am - 4-6 oz lean protein and vegetables.
- 2pm - Same as 10.
- 5pm - 6-8 oz lean protein lots of veggies, 1 piece of whole wheat toast.
Were there any diet/nutrition mistakes you made that you learned from?
Learned real quick any junk food ruins everything.
Please list 3 things you learned about diet & nutrition during your transformation that helped you succeed:
- Found that eating healthy was delicious!
- Found getting away from so much junk food really made me feel great.
- Learned just how addicted to junk I had been.
Did you allow yourself cheat meals?
No just clean carb loads.
What supplements did you use during your transformation?
Advice For Others
What are your best 3 tips for someone looking to make their own transformation?
- Go totally clean 10 weeks the results will blow your mind!
- Believe in yourself.
- Go whether you feel like it or not.
How do you stay motivated? What advice would you give to someone who’s having trouble staying on track?
My results were my motivation and all the compliments from others.
More From Kevin Bice
What is your life like now that you’ve made a transformation?
Fountain of youth, better than when I was a teen!
What motivates you currently to keep improving yourself?
I love crushing goals.