Lifestyle Prior To Change
What was your lifestyle prior to your transformation?
At one point I was 232 pounds partied and drank a lot. Then I started working out and slowly lost weight. During this challenge though I lost weight but got very cut up and strong.
What was your low point or turning point?
Everyday looking in the mirror.
Were there any unique challenges or circumstances that made your transformation particularly difficult?
What was your transformation timeline?
- Transformation Start: February 1st.
- Milestone: I went down gradually each week in weight and body fat.
- Transformation End: April 29th.
Jason's Training And Cardio Approach
What was your weight training approach and split during your transformation?
I did supersets every day. I would do at least 4 to 5 exercises in a row then do abs, take a minute break then repeat 5 to 6 times a day.
- Monday: Chest. Incline Dumbbell Press, Flat Dumbbell Press, Pushups. 6 sets 10 to 12 reps. I did supersets 10 to 12 reps on the presses, Failure on pushups. 50 Crunches. Then repeat.
- Tuesday: Back. Bent Over Row, Back Pull-ups, Chin-ups, Back Extensions, One Arm Rows, Shrugs. 6 sets 10-12 reps. Superset all at once, 20 hanging leg raises at the end. Take 1 minute break. Repeat.
- Wednesday: Legs and Shoulders. Squats, Shoulder Presses. 6 sets 10-12 reps. Superset.
- Thursday: Arms. Barbell Curl, Close Grip Bench Press. 5 sets 12-15 reps. Superset.
- Friday: Chest and Back. Do exactly what I have for Monday and Tuesday all at once. 6 sets, 10 to 12 reps. Superset all at once. 50 Crunches. Repeat.
- Saturday: Rest.
- Sunday: Rest.
Please detail your cardio approach during your transformation?
30 to 45 minutes every day, 1st month. Then the way I workout I got cardio during my workout because it was fast pace and high intensity.
Please list 3 things you learned about exercise, weight training and/or cardio during your transformation that helped you succeed:
- Don’t sacrifice weight for proper form.
- Learn the right techniques.
- Train hard every workout.
How are you currently training, and has your training changed since the completion of your transformation?
I am training the same.
Jason's Diet And Nutrition Approach
What was your diet/nutrition approach during your transformation?
Can you provide us with a sample eating plan (please be specific):
1 cup oatmeal and 5 egg whites scrambled for breakfast. Tilapia, sweet potato dry and broccoli for lunch. Chicken breast with BBQ, sauce and asparagus for dinner. Addition to that protein shakes in between.
Were there any diet/nutrition mistakes you made that you learned from?
Sometimes not taking in enough carbohydrates. If I didn’t my workout would be sluggish.
Please list 3 things you learned about diet & nutrition during your transformation that helped you succeed:
- You have to eat several small meals to keep your metabolism high.
- Eating enough to keep your energy up during your workout.
- You have to eat right to see great results.
Did you allow yourself cheat meals?
What supplements did you use during your transformation?
Advice For Others
What are your best tips for someone looking to make their own transformation?
- Eat the right foods.
- Train hard day in and day out.
- Do what best works for you.
How do you stay motivated? What advice would you give to someone who’s having trouble staying on track?
Look at past pictures of yourself.
More From Jason Flack
What is your life like now that you’ve made a transformation?
What motivates you currently to keep improving yourself?
My son Jakob.
Anything else you would like to share?
Never quit, don’t listen to negative people and realize it takes dedication and time. It will not happen over night. Also I would like to thank Jason Sarge Morgan at Greenbrier Valley Fitness for doing the transformation challenge. Everyone should check out his page on Facebook called Nerds of Fitness.
How can people contact you?
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org